As we found out in the previous article organic food benefits make far much outweigh eating non organic foods. Buying organic foods should not be costly; you can buy organic foods of different types from your local grocery.
Organic Foods Types
The following are different types of organic foods that you can buy from groceries
- Organic Fruits and Veggies – organic fruits and vegetables are the most common organic foods that you can buy from the groceries. These vegetables are fresh and do not contain chemicals from fertilizers and pesticides
- Dairy Organic Foods – Diary products are categorized as organic foods only when the animals that produce the meat are raised in ways that do not add chemicals to the byproducts of diary like milk, cheese and butter.
- Organic Meat and Fish – Organic meat and fish is another common form of organic foods that simply means fish and animals that are fed on 100% organic feeds and therefore are organic foods too.
Buying Organic Foods Cheaply
It is possible to buy organic foods cheaply; you should consider buying the organic foods from the suppliers directly as one of the easiest ways to buy organic foods cheaply. There are different ways you can employ to save money when buying organic foods here are a few tips:
- Buy directly food from organic farmers – buying organic food from supermarket or groceries can a times is expensive. If you have an opportunity to buy organic foods directly from the farmer you should buy from them and cut other costs. Buying organic food directly from the farmers also guarantees you of obtaining fresh food that you would have to pay for a higher price in the supermarket or in the local grocery.
- Buying organic foods in bulk – You should also buy organic foods in bulk which will help you get a discount. Buying in bulk also saves time and money since you don’t have to pay for the transport of food again or to go buy food again
- Buying organic foods using coupons – if you are buying organic foods from your local supermarket you should make use of organic food coupons to save money. You can get organic food coupons from supermarkets when there are discounted offers and also from websites that offer organic food coupons.
- Buying organic foods online- buying organic food online presents another easy way to get organic foods that are not available locally and in a cheap way. You can shop for organic foods in websites like natural news and Amazon.
- Buying organic foods during their season- different organic foods may grow in different seasons. You can buy in bulk organic foods that are in season and store them for future use. You can buy foods that are easy to store like grains that are only available during certain seasons.
- Growing organic foods- you can also grow your own organic foods in the backyard, this is an certain way to eat organic foods cheaply.